- This event has passed.
FEBRUARY FUNNIES – UREC’s Gala – CANCELLED
April 30, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmVarious
Sadly, due to circumstances beyond our control. February Funnies (in April) must be cancelled. Thank you for your interest. Please stay tuned for a reschedule date.
I am afraid COVID has won the first round – for everyone’s safety February Funnies has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 30 from 7pm-9pm at Margarita City. We look forward to seeing you at this hybrid event. Get your funny bone ready for a great evening!
Buy your tickets now for this one-of-a-kind gala – an evening of laughter, levity, funny bone ticklers, and lively fun! Relax, enjoy pleasant company, Mexican cuisine, and a lifting of your spirits. Be re-energized, renewed, rejuvenated!
Please note the important information listed here –
(1) NYS COVID protocols will be followed – please be prepared to mask up, provide proof of vaccination, and practice social distancing. A new air ventilation system has been installed at Margarita City.
(2) Please consider enjoying food and drink available at Margarita City. Visit https://www.margarita-city.com/menu to peruse the enticing menu options
(3) Be prepared to place your bets on the unique, exciting Silent Auction items
(4) Win prizes awarded for successfully completing the fun challenges presented throughout the evening
(5) Parking – Parking space is available on both sides of Margarita City for about 50 cars. Parking for 6 cars is available across the street in a lot behind 1119 Central Avenue. Fairfield Avenue, across the street from Margarita City, provides on-street parking in a residential setting. Look for the Parking Attendants with lanterns to help you locate parking. Parking Attendants will also provide support in crossing Central Avenue. Effort is afoot to arrange for van transport from the Hannaford Plaza located at 900 Central Avenue (Central and Colvin Avenues) – please check back for details.
QUESTIONS? CALL MARY LIZ STEWART AT 518-621-7793 OR EMAIL AT https://undergroundrailroadhistory.org/contact/
Boxxa Vine is a Pittsfield-based drag queen and costume creator with a flair for the dramatic and theatrical. A self-taught seamstress who has worked on pieces that have appeared locally, across the country, and on shows such as RuPaul’s Drag Race and The View and a six-time pageant titleholder (Miss Gay: Western MA, Boston, Central NY, Camp Capital NY, Werrrk.com, and Berkshire) she spends most of her free time trying to get new and exciting drag events going around Berkshire, MA. You can see what’s she’s up to next on BoxxaVine.com or follow her on her social media through Facebook or Instagram (@BoxxaVine).
Noelle Diamond is a fun and energetic drag performer in the Albany area. Winner of Albany’s Ultimate Dueling Divas and The Drag Battle Royale, she has been performing since 2015 and leaving a trail of glitter behind everywhere she goes! You can usually find Noelle performing and doing costume changes at the nightclub, wearing a panda sweater and reading to children at the local library, or crying over her sewing machine she thought was broken but is actually just not threaded properly. Follow her on Instagram @noelle.diamond
Typhoid Mary, not to be confused with the first asymptomatic carrier of Typhoid fever in the US, is your local friendly neighborhood drag cryptid. They are an avid fan of Lorde and wearing one plaid skirt- she is easily mistaken for a lesbian- and her job at a local brewery only spreads the rumors faster. This golf ball has been dubbed the “goth thicc e-girl emo gf punk rock royalty princess hoe queen of Albany”- a title she humbly declines. You can find her singing Olivia Rodgrigo in her car or rehearsing for opening night of Phantom of the Opera on Broadway where she plays the monkey with cymbals and understudies the Phantom’s cape. Furbies and batteries included.